Thursday, December 1, 2011

Satire

  Satire is any piece of writing that uses a meaning such as irony, understatement, exaggeration and the like to attempt to correct human in a good sense. While satire can be funny, it's okay is not to amuse, but to fix bad behavior. Being satirized means a manner of writing that mixes a critical attitude with humor in an effort to improve the corrections.An example from my life that can be satirized is usually when I'm on my phone I misspell things in a funny way so I always have to go back to make corrections in fixing what I misspelled. Another example in my life of satirized is when I'm talking way too fast that a word comes out funny and it was not that what I meant to say.

  In the essay of "The the impotence of proofreading" what's being satarized is the spell checker, the way he's writing the essay doesn't really make sense because it gives several meaning towards the words he might want to use and it's wrong because he doesn't proof read it. For example, in the first paragraph he makes a lot of mistakes. I corrected them so it could be easier to read but he had different words with different meanings where they didn't belong:

Has this ever happened to you?
You work very horde on a paper for English clash
And then get a very glow raid (like a D or even a D=)
and all because you are the word¹s liverwurst spoiler.
Proofreading your peppers is a matter of the the utmost impotence.

 
Has this ever happened to you?
You work very hard on a paper for English clash
And then get a very low grade (like a D or even a D-)
and all because you are the world's worst speller.
Proofreading your papers is a matter of the the utmost impotence.

This has happen to me several times while I'm on my phone and I think what I'm writing is right and then when I have sent what I wrote is all wrong, words mixed with others.


 In the article "Pearl Harbor"it talks about what happen 70 years ago in Hawaii and how the country was being destroyed. In this article what's being satirized is the country for example the journalist that wrote about Pearl Harbor "Josh Harnet" who had watched the film about "Pearl Harbor" said "Of course it affected the whole country, but I have to live with it every day of my life," said Hartnett, surveying the place where a cruel and delusional egomaniac directed the disgraceful attack on American culture". The reason this is being satirized is because is criticizing the country America and the disgraceful attack they attempted to do. I think the changes expected would be changing everything that happen in that tragedy that day for example Josh expressed himself by saying "Josh then fell to his knees, started sobbing, and screamed "Why?" after the sight of a hangar reminded him of the calculated and brutal inhumanity of Pearl Harbor's insipid love triangle" In my words I think he's so angry he would want to change everything that happen back then and the film really affected him. My reaction towards this is really depressing because it caused a lot of damages to people who were innocent and were only young, I think this was a really sad tragedy. This is just like what happen in 911 but it was worst because thousands of people lost their life really unfairly and in a cruel way.


In the article "Advice to youth"by Mark Tawain what's being saterized is the concept of advice. Is being saterized because he's giving other people advice when people don' even listen to advice or take them. because is not like anybody listens to advice now an days.

No comments:

Post a Comment